WE FIND NEEDS & MEET THEM
SHOW UP & SERVE
WE NEED YOU! Below is the list of Outreach initiatives and serving opportunities that we have remaining for 2018:
- November 10th – 5pm - Serve during Veterans Celebration (Creighton Campus)
- November 15th – 9:30am - Receive items being delivered and stack them for the senior’s Thanksgiving boxes, and CSFP senior food distribution (Creighton campus) [November 15th – 12pm / 4pm - RVA Community Thanksgiving Distribution – November 15th 4pm – Arthur Ashe Center – no additional volunteers are needed.]
- November 16th – 9am - Pack boxes for Senior’s, disabled and Elm campus community (at Creighton) to be distribution/delivered on 11/17/18.
- December 7th – 4pm to 8pm - Setup toys at the Virginia Baptist Children’s Home (Petersburg)
- December 8th – 9am to 1pm - Christmas Toy Distribution at the Virginia Baptist Children Home (Petersburg)
- December 13th – Setup for No Child Without a Toy – Time TBD – Richmond City Justice Center
- December 14th – TBD - No Child Without A Toy – Christmas celebration for kids whose parent(s) are incarcerated in partnership with Assisting Families of Inmates and the Richmond City Sheriff’s Office
- December 19th – 9am until finished sort and set up toys – Creighton. Elm & Belt Campuses pick up toys for setup.
- December 22nd – 9am –Toy Distribution at all 3 campuses.
There is no preregistration for RVA Community Thanksgiving - only VALID STATE ID with physical address REQUIRED. It is first come, first served.
There is no preregistration for Community Thanksgiving at Elm Campus. Also, first come, first served.
Seniors are preregistered at all 3 campuses.
There is no preregistration for Christmas toys. First come, first served (all 3 campuses)
There is a preregistration for the toys at the Virginia Baptist Children’s Home.
There is a preregistration for No Child without a Toy.
All volunteer opportunities are open. Just show up and serve. There are no registrations.
The only exception is RVA Community Thanksgiving Giveaway & No Child without a Toy Giveaway - we are OVER CAPACITY with volunteers needed.
We are grateful for you!
We believe that we are “called to care” for one another and ultimately for God’s entire creation. We believe it is our responsibility to “find needs and meet them, find problems and solve them, find hurts and heal them – to touch the world with love.” We desire that every member makes a commitment to care by:
• Humbly seeking to serve God and others more than being served
• Praying for Saint Paul’s impact locally and globally
• Carries in their hearts a concern for the poor and dispossessed
Touching the world is what we’re all about, here’s how you can join us:
Donate your time. For serving opportunities, to get an itemized list of needs, or to get connected,